During interviews I am frequently asked what drives high-achievement. The answer is simple—passion.
Why is passion such a powerful motivator? When I was homeless anchored in depression and financial ruin, what keep me from obliteration was the belief that I could make a difference. That resulting passion has kept me pursuant towards my dreams despite life’s highs and lows. It has kept the lows from becoming untenable. Here are a few quotes to help you do the same. I invite you to view more at my website.
- The heart of human excellence often begins to beat when you discover a pursuit that absorbs you, frees you, challenges you, and gives you a sense of meaning, joy and passion.
- I have found that one thing that helps me to live peacefully and mindfully on this glorious planet is successful engagement in meaningful work, keeping my mind where my hands are.
- Your work is to discover your work and then, with all your heart, to give yourself to it.
- A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write. This concept can be universally applied.
- Everything worthwhile in life is work. But if it puts a smile on your face, it doesn’t feel like work.
- Hard work becomes easy when your work becomes your play. Never underestimate the value of loving what you do.
- Continue to work hard at what you love no matter what the odds are. Eventually, someone will praise and appreciate what you do.
- It’s not how much money you make that ultimately makes you happy. It’s whether or not your work fulfills you.
- The best feeling in the world is getting paid to do what you love.
- Don’t be normal. Sadly, normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you financed, in order to get to the job that you don’t really like, but that you need, to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
- Often people attempt to live their lives backwards. They try to acquire more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want, so they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then do what you need to do, in order to have what you want.
- The secret to success regardless of your passion is no secret. Just work hard and add real value to people’s lives.
- When we focus on leading a passionate, meaningful life, we are also inadvertently creating a spectacular ripple effect of inspiration in the lives around us. When one person follows a dream, tries something new, or takes a daring leap, everyone nearby feels their passionate energy; and before too long, they are making their own daring leaps while simultaneously inspiring others.
- Be the kind of person others admire, can count on, trust, and enjoy spending time with. After you have developed that reputation, people will start to ask you what you do, and you will be amazed at how many people will want to work with you on the things that matter to you.
- Never make up excuses, because excuses are lies confirming that you are not being true to your heart. And don’t look for shortcuts in life either, because if you do you are only fooling yourself. Simplify your life, work toward your goals, show respect and be true to yourself and others. There is only one ‘you;’ reinvent the very best of ‘you’ every chance you get.
- There is no passion to be found in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.
- Purpose is the reason you journey. Passion is the fire that lights your way.
- Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things.
- If you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.
- Neglecting passion blocks creative flow. When you’re passionate, you’re energized. Likewise, when you lack passion, your energy is low and unproductive. Energy is everything when it comes to being successful.
- When passion and skill work together, the end result is often a masterpiece.
- There are people who live in a dream world, and there are people who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.
- Define what success looks like for you then go after it.
- There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart.
- If you are passionate about it, pursue it, no matter what anyone else thinks. That’s how dreams are achieved.
Adapted from Follow Your Passion.
Hire Jim Woods
Jim Woods is committed to providing world class, leading edge services and products which empower individuals and organizations to fulfill their destiny. He is a life coach, self-help author and motivational speaker. Jim is president of InnoThink Group a human resources and leadership management consulting firm. He has an absolute passion for people development and are constantly refining and adapting his programs in order to ensure that they have the maximum impact on those we serve. – See more at: http://innothinkgroup.com/our-leadership.html
Make the Call
Call Jim at (719) 445-1204 or use this form to schedule a free phone consultation. You and he will discuss how your organizational culture operates today – and how you’d like it to operate tomorrow.
Share this Article Below