How can you make your ordinary day extraordinary?
“If you want to lead an extraordinary life, find out what the ordinary do–and don’t do it.” ― Tommy Newberry
The power to make each day something special is entirely up to us. Whether spilled coffee on our suit to work, had a flat tire or a disagreement with our significant other, all can be right with the world with simply the right perceptive. It could be you need to take a new tack in your strategy, or perhaps even a career change is required. Perhaps you just need to take a vacation. Or maybe you need a little spark to ignite the fireworks of an otherwise blasé day.
Try these starters to help make the ordinary day extraordinary.
- Practice a random act of kindness. You may never be a beneficiary of one of these, but you do have the power to create one. Bring a co-worker coffee; help someone carry a box down the hall; take on someone else’s load so they can get a break.
- Help a colleague grow. Share your skills and experience to help a colleague or subordinate learn something new.
- Set up a special lunch. Contact some interesting people, and invite them to lunch. Buy them a meal, set an agenda where you all suggest an unusual topic. Make a point to learn something new about each person. Read More
- Daydream on purpose. Don’t underestimate the value of a really detailed, intentional daydream. Big ideas, inspirations, and epiphanies can come from them. Find a quiet space and expand your thinking. Read More
- Make a proposal. No, I am not speaking of marriage (unless of course you are ready). But ask for something of significance that you really, really want like an opportunity, promotion, account, or partnership.
- Treat everyone to ice cream. Why wait for the International Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day on February 2nd? Choose a different day to surprise the office first thing with the good stuff. It will set an amazing tone for the entire day and everyone will remember you for it every time they order that extra scoop. Read More
Contact us to learn how Jim Woods can help your company build leaders at every level.
Organizations like MITRE, U.S. Army, Whirlpool, Standard Bank, and Iomega go to Jim Woods when they need a keynote speaker or workshop leader. They engage Jim Woods when they need a leadership advisor/coach to help them get to all – new levels of performance/productivity and effectiveness.
Make the Call
Call Jim at (719) 445-1204 or use this form to schedule a free phone consultation. You and he will discuss how your organizational culture operates today – and how you’d like it to operate tomorrow.
Share this Article Below