How would you like to be more successful? Below are steps you can take to assure you have the “right stuff.”
The power to make each day something special is entirely up to us. Whether spilled coffee on our suit to work, had a flat tire or a disagreement with our significant other, all can be right with the world with simply the right perceptive. It could be you need to take a new tack in your strategy, or perhaps even a career change is required. Perhaps you just need to take a vacation. Or maybe you need a little spark to ignite the fireworks of an otherwise blasé day.
Try these starters to help make the ordinary day extraordinary.
- Practice a random act of kindness. You may never be a beneficiary of one of these, but you do have the power to create one. Bring a co-worker coffee; help someone carry a box down the hall; take on someone else’s load so they can get a break.
- Help a colleague grow. Share your skills and experience to help a colleague or subordinate learn something new.
- Set up a special lunch. Contact some interesting people, and invite them to lunch. Buy them a meal, set an agenda where you all suggest an unusual topic. Make a point to learn something new about each person. Read More
- Daydream on purpose. Don’t underestimate the value of a really detailed, intentional daydream. Big ideas, inspirations, and epiphanies can come from them. Find a quiet space and expand your thinking. Read More
- Make a proposal. No, I am not speaking of marriage (unless of course you are ready). But ask for something of significance that you really, really want like an opportunity, promotion, account, or partnership.
- Treat everyone to ice cream. Why wait for the International Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day on February 2nd? Choose a different day to surprise the office first thing with the good stuff. It will set an amazing tone for the entire day and everyone will remember you for it every time they order that extra scoop. Read More
Eliminate your fears and build rock solid self-confidence to achieve all of your goals. You’ll learn how to: Harness the power of self-confidence to completely transform your life.
Jim Woods is a leadership development and training consultant deploying his unique abilities in character based training and strategy.
He has an absolute passion for people development and are constantly refining and adapting his programs in order to ensure that they have the maximum impact on those we serve.