- Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.” ― Coco Chanel
- “Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence– whether much that is glorious– whether all that is profound– does not spring from disease of thought– from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect.” ― Edgar Allan Poe, Complete Tales and Poems
- “A great man is always willing to be little.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I used to walk down the street like I was a fucking star… I want people to walk around delusional about how great they can be – and then to fight so hard for it every day that the lie becomes the truth.” ― Lady Gaga
- “Wherever you find a great man, you will find a great mother or a great wife standing behind him — or so they used to say. It would be interesting to know how many great women have had great fathers and husbands behind them.” ― Dorothy L. Sayers, Gaudy Night
- “Great men are not born great, they grow great . . .” ― Mario Puzo, The Godfather
- “To be great is to be misunderstood.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “You were born with potential. You were born with goodness and trust. You were born with ideals and dreams. You were born with greatness. You were born with wings. You are not meant for crawling, so don’t. You have wings. Learn to use them and fly.” ― Rumi
- “You were put on this earth to achieve your greatest self, to live out your purpose, and to do it courageously.” ― Steve Maraboli
- “Its hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world.” ― Dolly Parton
- “It takes a great man to be a good listener.” ― Calvin Coolidge
- “[I]f we revert to history, we shall find that the women who have distinguished themselves have neither been the most beautiful nor the most gentle of their sex.” ― Mary Wollstonecraft, A Vindication of the Rights of Woman
- “All the ideas in the universe can be described by words. Therefore, if you simply take all the words and rearrange them randomly enough times, you’re bound to hit upon at least a few great ideas eventually. Sausage donkey swallows flying guillotine, my love assembly line.” ― Jarod Kintz
- “Today is a new day. Don’t let your history interfere with your destiny! Let today be the day you stop being a victim of your circumstances and start taking action towards the life you want. You have the power and the time to shape your life. Break free from the poisonous victim mentality and embrace the truth of your greatness. You were not meant for a mundane or mediocre life!” ― Steve Maraboli
- “I was never afraid of failure; for I would sooner fail than not be among the greatest.” ― John Keats
- “Until you’re ready to look foolish, you’ll never have the possibility of being great.” ― Cher
- “The greatness of humanity is not in being human, but in being humane.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- “The mark of a great man is one who knows when to set aside the important things in order to accomplish the vital ones.” ― Brandon Sanderson, The Alloy of Law
- “So many will try to destroy me. So many, over and over, coming in periods of greatness. But in this period, I cannot be broken: GAGAKLEIN.” ― Lady Gaga
- “Here was buried Thomas Jefferson, author of the Declaration of American Independence, of the Statute of Virginia for Religious Freedom, and Father of the University of Virginia. [Epitaph, upon his instructions to erect a ‘a plain die or cube … surmounted by an Obelisk’ with ‘the following inscription, and not a word more…because by these, as testimonials that I have lived, I wish most to be remembered.’ It omits that he had been President of the United States, a position of political power and prestige, and celebrates his involvement in the creation of the means of inspiration and instruction by which many human lives have been liberated from oppression and ignorance]” ― Thomas Jefferson
- “To seek greatness is the only righteous vengeance.” ― Criss Jami, Killosophy
Thank you for sharing below.
Jim Woods is a competitive strategy and performance coach and founder of InnoThink Group a management consulting firm located in Colorado Springs, CO. where he serves as president. His firm contracts with experienced consultants from firms such as Bain, Accenture and Mckinsey.
Jim has worked with Fortune 500 firms, US military and non-profits. He brings a unique background of business, interpersonal skills, experience, to each of his consulting, speaking and coaching engagements. He is a sought after speaker on strategic leaders, competitive strategy, innovation, team building, employee engagement and uncertainty. To contact Jim for an engagement contact him at his website. Click here.