Follow Jim @jimwoods_
It is no surprise that one of the most successful shows in television history was the Andy Griffith Show. Everyone has a warm glow inside upon viewing it. A place we wish we could live. Where if there is a problem it is never as big as we thought. I asked a person during a session to describe a feeling of happiness. This person externally successful felt his life was marginalised by a series of misfortunes. In fact they weren’t as serious as he presumed. Moreover, he really had a wonderful life. yet berated himself to such an extent I had to pull him aside for a chat.
We are born optimistic. Over time life sets in. We have successes and set backs. Fall in love and out. We may not achieve success in our view comparative to others. At any event we become cynical. We magnify the accomplishments of others while minimizing those of our selves.
Being successful, really successful begins with habits. I might also stress, these tips will help you define or shall I say refine your personal persona.
Try these starters to help make the ordinary day extraordinary.
- Practice a random act of kindness. You may never be a beneficiary of one of these, but you do have the power to create one. Bring a co-worker coffee; help someone carry a box down the hall; take on someone else’s load so they can get a break.
- Help a colleague grow. Share your skills and experience to help a colleague or subordinate learn something new.
- Set up a special lunch. Contact some interesting people, and invite them to lunch. Buy them a meal, set an agenda where you all suggest an unusual topic. Make a point to learn something new about each person. Read More
- Daydream on purpose. Don’t underestimate the value of a really detailed, intentional daydream. Big ideas, inspirations, and epiphanies can come from them. Find a quiet space and expand your thinking. Read More
- Make a proposal. No, I am not speaking of marriage (unless of course you are ready). But ask for something of significance that you really, really want like an opportunity, promotion, account, or partnership.
Inspired by an article via Inc.
Jim Woods is a life success coach dedicated to helping people achieve their dreams. Success coaching, time management, and business services. He is President of InnoThink Group. A management consulting firm helping organizations and individuals improve their leadership and performance. You may contact Jim here for speaking or coaching appointments.